Monday, January 1, 2024

Welcome to The Tie Tuesday Teacher BLOG

The Tie Tuesday Teacher 👔 

Well,  finally I am here having often thought of sharing my thoughts on topics and concerns that Montessori guides (teachers) often face. With more than two decades of teaching internationally and locally, I have many pearls of wisdom.  I have taught grades K-Grad School.  The bulk of my experience comes from teaching Lower and Upper Elementary in Montessori schools.  I have had experience teaching in parochial, private, charter, and public schools.  In 2011, I completed an alternative teaching licensure program. I am state certified in the state of Colorado in Elementary K-6 and Social Studies 6-12.  In 1972, I left my sweet Montessori school and went to a rigorous private school in Denver.  All three of my children attended Montessori schools and each one is thriving, successful, and very independent.  Transitioning from Montessori to Traditional education has never been a problem for my students- in fact, the feedback I have received has been raving about how well prepared my students were.  🍏

Are you new to Montessori Education? This might be a great place to get ideas and find support for the new journey. Parents of Montessori students are constantly wondering if they have made the correct educational choice for their offspring. The answer is YES!!! Montessori is for every child. In my many years, I have found that it doesn't work for every family.  In addition, students with significant learning differences may need to have a one-on-one parent supplied educational assistant. Many schools cannot offer that kind of support.  Publically funded Montessori schools offer Special Education supports. There are also private schools that may have learning support in place.  It is important to match your learner's needs to the Montessori program's resources. 

Thank you for checking out this BLOG. It has been a long time coming.  

Ms. Tanya

Be Kind. Be True. Be You.

Tanya Muftic, The Tie Tuesday Teacher



No comments:

It started with a lie

It Started with a Lie There is no other way to say this. I was fired because I was gay. Yes, it is illegal. And yes, I tried to find an atto...